Big Easy IGT Challenge Tour 2018/19
10 Sunshine Tour Cards for 2019
- Road to Sunshine Tour (16 events Big Easy Tour) Top 10 earns Sunshine Tour Card
- Road to Sunshine Tour (16 events Big Easy Tour) Players in positions 11 – 25 promotions to Sunshine Tour Q-School final
- Race to Q-School (7 events IGT Tour) Top 15 promotion to Sunshine Tour Q-School final
- The leading 5 and tied IGT members in IGT event, will qualify to play in the next Big Easy Tournament
- IGT ranked members fill the field up to the maximum advertised size (i.e. 120) for Big Easy events
Structure of the BET IGT joint venture;
Please Note: To play on the Big Easy events players must have a Big Easy Card or qualify through an IGT event.
- The full co-sanctioned tour will have 40+ events running from 3 April 2018 to 27 February 2019
- The Race to Sunshine Tour Q-School will be 7 events played in January & February 2019
- The IGT Challenge Tour’s PGA and R&A certified staff will run the tournament administration in conjunction with a tournament director from the Sunshine Tour.
- Big Easy and IGT retained its own identity
- IGT continues to operate separately and run 40+ events during the season, which includes the joint venture events
- Big Easy will be 15 events plus a BET Tour Championship
- IGT will be 25 events
- Payment of prize money for Big Easy events to players to be paid by Sunshine Tour
An eligible member of the Big Easy IGT Challenge Tour 2018/19 will be regarded as a Full Member for the current Official Season upon receipt of a completed membership application form and membership fee.
Membership of BET processed as per normal by Sunshine Tour – general regulations.
Membership of IGT processed as per normal by IGT – general regulations . Click here for IGT Membership info
IGT players participating in joint venture on invitation basis, if they want money to count on BET order of merit then take up affiliated membership with Big Easy Tour. (R1000).
Tournament Entry Fee
IGT Challenge Tour: R1600
Big Easy Tour: R750
All tournaments will be held over 54 holes, with a N-player cutline after 36 holes.
N = The number of players (and ties) to 66% percent of the field to a maximum of 60 players (summer) and 50 players (winter) and ties who will proceed to the final round.
N = 30 and ties who will proceed to the final round for R75,000 Prize Pool.
N = 40 and ties who will proceed to the final round for R100,000 Prize Pool.
Tournament field size will be restricted to a total of 156 players in summer, 132 players in autumn/spring and 120 players in winter.
Tournament field size will be restricted to a total of a minimum of 120 players.
IGT Challenge events
The IGT Challenge Pro Tour events are open to all professional or amateur golfers from South Africa and International.
Amateurs must have an official handicap of 4 or less.
There are no restrictions on nationality or gender.
Age restriction is 16 years. Players younger than 16 can apply to play on the Tour.
Please note players under 18 years must play as amateur. (No Exceptions)
The IGT Challenge Pro Tour reserves the right to refuse participation to anyone. Evidence of playing ability may be required.
Big Easy Challenge events
- Category 0b: The leading 10 and tied BET members, who are not otherwise exempt, will qualify to play in the next Big Easy Tour Order of Merit tournament
- Category 1a: Winners of the Big Easy Tour Order of Merit from 2015 – 2017 (who are eligible for membership)
- Category 1b: Winners of 2017 & 2018 Big Easy Tour sanctioned tournaments (who are eligible for membership)
- Category 2: Maximum of 20 MENA Tour Invitations
- Category 3: Top 30 available players off the Final 2017 Big Easy Tour Order of Merit who are eligible for membership
- Category 4: 2018 BET members and Affiliate members earning more than the 30th placed player off the Final 2017 BET OoM
- Category 5: Leading 30 & ties players from the 2018/2019 Sunshine Tour Qualifying School & leading 15 & ties players from the 2018/2019 Vusi Ngubeni Q School, staggered
- Category 6: Players outside top 100 who have earned money, and played at least 6 tournaments, on the 2017-2018 Sunshine Tour Final OoM
- Category 7: Sunshine Tour “5-year members” on the BET who are outside the top 100 on this year’s Sunshine Tour final order of merit
- Category 8: Players in positions 31 – 60 from the 2018/2019 Sunshine Tour Qualifying School & players in positions 16 – 30 from the 2018/2019 Vusi Ngubeni Q School, staggered
- Category 9a: The leading 5 and tied IGT members, will qualify to play in the next Big Easy Tour Order of Merit tournament
- Category 9b: IGT members fill the field up to the maximum advertised size (i.e. 120)
- Non-members who are exempt for BET tournaments, and who want their money and Top 10 finish (to get into the following event), to count on the BET OoM, are required to take up Affiliate Membership at R1000 subs before event starts.
- Any other exempt non-BET/ IGT members are required to take up Temporary Membership in order to play, and their money will not count towards the OoM, and neither will a Top 10 finish get them into the following event. The cost of Temporary Membership will be R700
- To be eligible for category 9 players must be members of the IGT Challenge Tour. Non members are not eligible.
The IGT members fill the field up to the maximum advertised size (i.e. 120) and will be done on the following basis;
- For the month of April and May we will use the IGT Race to Q-School Order of Merit of the 2017 season to fill the Category 9b spots.
- From June we will use the IGT BET Rankings Order of Merit to fill the Category 9b spots.
There will be a re rank of players during the season.
Prize money paid out will be as per the breakdown listed in IGT Challenge Tour Prize Money Breakdown section of these Regulations or as otherwise published on the tournament notice board
Payout will be 25% of the field and the last payout is R1000. IGT reserve the right to alter the % at events and will be published on the notice board.
Amateur can win up to a maximum of R6,000 in the form of a IGT electronic voucher
In the event that a player is disqualified or withdraws, he shall not be entitled to claim prize money for that tournament.
The prize pool to be published on web site for each event.
All players making the cut gets paid.
Amateurs do not win prize money on Big Easy Tour.
Orders of Merit
To be eligible for the Order of Merits, players must be members in good standing of the IGT Challenge Tour. (Membership fully paid up).
All IGT Order of Merits will use a points-based Order of Merit
IGT Race to Q-School 2017
For the month of April and May we will use the IGT Race to Q-School Order of Merit of the 2017 season for Big Easy events Category 9b: IGT members fill the field up to the maximum advertised size (i.e. 120)
IGT Rankings 2018
From June 2018 we will use the IGT BET Rankings Order of Merit to fill up the spaces for category 9b.
Order of Merit (OoM) Points are awarded for each event.
Where players tie, the points will be shared.
Minimum of 3 events to be played.
IGT Race to Q-School
Top 15 on the final 2018-2019 IGT race to Q-School order of merit gain entry into 2019 Sunshine Tour QS Final Stage
Road to Sunshine Tour
Non members who are exempt for BET tournaments, and who want their money and Top 10 finish (to get into the following event), to count on the BET Road to Sunshine Tour OoM, are required to take up Affiliate Membership at R1000 subs
- Top 10 on the final BET Road to Sunshine Tour 2018 order of merit earn cards on the Sunshine Tour for the 2019-2020 season
- Players 11-25 on final BET 2018 order of merit gain entry into the 2019 Sunshine Tour QS Final Stage
Player would need to play at least 6 events on the Road to Sunshine Tour sanction tournaments to be eligible for the Order of Merit. Please note this was revised as the prize money is the same for all events prior to Tour Championships. The minimum events is zero.
The Road to Sunshine Tour Order of Merit will be Money earnings.
Each Player wishing to enter a IGT Challenge Tour Approved Tournament shall either:
i) Enter online via the Members’ or
ii) Telephone the Entries Department on 078 3300 440; or
iii) Email the Entries Department on [email protected]: or
iv) Enter in person at the Big Easy IGT Challenge Tour 2018/19 office on-site.
Players eligible to play in a Big Easy event must book through the Big Easy Tour Offices. Contact 021 8506500
Entry Closing Date
Entries must be received by the IGT Office 2 days before the start of the tournament.
Entries must be received by the Big Easy Office Tour 5 Days before the start of the tournament.
Payment Methods & Terms Of Payment
Payable in full prior to the member’s commencement of the tournament he has entered to the IGT Challenge Tour.
Payments can be made by EFT (Please contact IGT for Bank details), Cash or Credit/Debit cards at event registration.
Payable in full prior to the member’s commencement of the tournament he has entered to the Big Easy Tour.
Please note that players must pay the Big Easy Tour for Big easy events. IGT will not accept any payments for Big easy events.
Any player wishing to withdraw during the tournament shall notify the tournament director and a medical certificate to be sent to IGT [email protected] within 7 days.